Here’s the men’s Romans chapter 5 Bible study from last night. The workout analogy was made up on the spot.
5:3-5 – How do the steps of the ladder lead to the next step(s)?
- A trial is like a workout
- Perseverance is muscle growth
- Character is who you are: the new muscular body
- Hope is confidence, given by your training regime, that you will win the prize
- Hope does not disappoint because we trust that our trainer’s regimen will give us success
5:7 – Why will someone die for a good man, but not for a righteous one?
5:15 – How does the size of Jesus Christ’s gift compare to Adam’s offense?
5:17 – What is the outcome of the two acts?
5:18 – How much does justification cost?
- Justification: the greatest discount ever. Cost the supplier everything, but made free to you. You didn’t have anything to buy it with anyway.